Night Guard Lab Custom-Built Mouth Guards: A Review
- Overall Rating:
- Price on Company’s Website: From $54.99 to $175.99
- Available from: NightGuardLab.com | View Price List
- Coupons: “freeship” (Free Shipping), “buynow2009″, ” buynow2010″, “buynow2011″ (10% OFF), “fanus” ($15 OFF).
What is the Night Guard Lab?
If you find that you grind or clench your teeth at night, you are likely to be suffering from a condition known as bruxism. This can lead to serious complications, including broken teeth, Temporomandibular disorder (TMJ) and migraines. You would do well to correct the situation before it is too late. Wearing a mouth guard while you sleep can help enormously.
The Night Guard Lab stands apart from other companies because it manufactures custom-built mouth guards.
Night Guard Lab mouth guards are the top-rated devices on this site, as they are cheaper than those made by a dentist, while remaining equally effective. It cushions and protects your teeth in order to prevent damage from grinding.
Did you know that when you order a custom-built mouth guard from a dentist, they do not make it themselves? Dentists use the services of laboratories to manufacture mouth guards, which they then sell for a handsome profit. Using the Night Guard Lab is a way to bypass a hefty price tag from your dentist by ordering straight from the manufacturer!
How The Process Works
Step 1 – Night Guard Lab will send you a kit, which includes written instructions.
Step 2 – Take a piece of the blue and a piece of the white putty.
Step 3 – Press both putty pieces together for approximately 45 seconds.
Step 4 – When you have blended the putty into a consistent blue color, form it into a ‘finger’ shape by rolling it.
Step 5 – Press the putty cylinder into the tray included in the kit. Make sure that you fill the whole tray.
Step 6 – Press the putty-filled tray gently onto the lower and/or upper teeth. Keep in place four minutes, then remove it carefully.
Step 7 – Send the mold to the Night Guard Lab, using the pre-paid envelope supplied in your kit. You should receive your mouth guard in a matter of days. This is 70% cheaper than a visit to the dentist for a custom-fitted dental guard!
Do you have molds already? If you do not need to make a new mold, the Night Guard Lab will take 20% off your bill. Simply print out the rebate email that comes with your order and return it with your existing molds to claim your discount! (Download Rebate Form)
There are so many kinds of Night Guard. How can I be sure which is the right type for me?
1. HARD ACRYLIC DENTAL GUARDS:
These mouth guards are manufactured from acrylic and are very durable. They are specifically intended for grinders in the Heavy or Moderate category, as they are hard on the outside, as well as the inside.
Night Guard: Hard Acrylic.
- This mouth guard is suitable for night wear.
- Intended for Heavy and Moderate grinders.
Day Guard: Hard Acrylic Slimline.
- This mouth guard has a slim design and is suitable for day wear, even at work.
- Teenagers also prefer this model.
- Suitable for Heavy and Moderate grinders.
Combo Pack available at a 20% Discount (save $43.99!):
- Why not purchase both of the above products at a reduced rate? Your protection is maximized when you have an appropriate mouth guard for all situations.
- Recommended for Heavy and Moderate grinders.
2. DUAL LAMINATE DENTAL GUARDS
“Dual Laminate” means that the dental guards are hard on the outside, but soft on the inside for extra cushioning and comfort. Recommended for Moderate and Light grinders.
Night Guard: Dual Laminate.
- Made from hard acrylic outside, but soft laminate inside, this mouth guard is suitable for night wear.
- Recommended for Moderate and Light grinders.
Day Guard: Dual Laminate Slimline
The soft laminate on the inside of this day guard has the ability to withstand considerable stress. It is not suitable for the heaviest grinders, but those with Moderate and Light habits find it ideal.
Combo Pack available at a 20% Discount (save $35.99!):
Why not purchase both of the Dual Laminate mouth guards featured above at a specially reduced rate? If, in times of stress, you grind both at night and during the day, this combo pack is for you. Recommended for Moderate and Light grinders.
3. SOFT DENTAL GUARDS
These guards are the most lightweight and by far the most comfortable Night Guard Lab devices available. Made from soft laminate, Light and Moderate grinders will find them ideal.
Night Guard: Soft
This lightweight night guard is comfortable without sacrificing durability. It is the first choice of most Moderate and Light grinders.
Day Guard: Soft Slimline.
This mouth guard is particularly discreet, because it is so thin. People can even wear this model at work. Recommended for Moderate and Light grinders.
Combo Pack available at a 20% Discount (save $28.96!):
If you are a Moderate or Light grinder, this pack includes both versions of the Night Guard Lab Soft Dental Guard at a substantial discount. There is no easier way to ensure round-the-clock protection.
By ordering your mouth guard directly from the Night Guard Lab, you avoid the costs incurred by a dental visit, and obtain a product of equal quality!
Will the Night Guard impact my talking?
Not at all. You are free to talk as much as you like when you wear your Night Guard. Because it is custom-built, its comfort is unparalleled and does not restrict your tongue.
What kinds of materials are used in the manufacturing process?
The answer to this depends on the type of Night Guard you are purchasing. The Night Guard Lab produces both hard acrylic and soft versions of their product. The acrylic and laminates that go into the products are approved by the FDA, and are hypoallergenic. No latex is used in Night Guard Lab mouth guards.
What kind of mouth guard should I order?
Always order according to the advice of your dentist. If you have not consulted a dentist about the possibility of purchasing a mouth guard, find which the sharper set of your teeth by examining where there is the least sign of damage. You should ideally wear your mouth guard on this set for maximum protection. (If you are not comfortable with this, you can of course purchase the other arch and try that instead). Please note that the Acrylic version of the Night Guard withstands pressure up to 200 lbs, which is considered typical of heavy grinders.
Does the Night Guard have special care requirements?
Guard cleaners like Ortho Clean are ideal for maintaining your device. They kill bacteria and other germs, and neutralize odor. Simply mix the guard cleaner with water before soaking. Use a toothbrush to brush the device gently, if required.
What if my Night Guard doesn’t fit?
The Night Guard Lab has excellent customer service, with lab technicians on standby to assist you, should there be any problems or necessary adjustments.
What about the product for whitening teeth that is also sold by the Night Guard Lab?
‘Pro-White Teeth’ is an inexpensive whitening system that is very popular with customers of the Night Guard Lab. If you order it together with your mouth guard, it comes at a substantial discount. The Night Guard lab uses your dental molds to build your custom-fit whitening trays, which are sent together with 3 syringes of whitening gel (which is about 18 treatments). Several customers report whitening by 10 shades in little over a week.
▪ These are custom-fitting mouth guards, created from molds made at home with no fuss.
▪ All materials used in the manufacture of the guards are hypoallergenic
and approved by the FDA.
▪ The latest lab technology ensures that the mouth guards are extremely
lightweight, while still very durable.
- Quite simply, they are cheaper than a mouth guard from your dentist, and absolutely equal in quality. Coupons: “freeship” (Free Shipping), “buynow2009″, ” buynow2010″, “buynow2011″ (10% OFF), “fanus” ($15 OFF).
- There is a 100% guarantee that the product will work for you in reducing your symptoms.
- All customers are catered for, with a variety of soft and hard options.
- Made-to-measure, custom fit.
- Making the molds at home is relatively straightforward and eliminates the need for a dental visit.
- Customers with previous molds are entitled to a discount.
- Fast delivery.
- Excellent customer service, with representatives available 24/7.
- You have to create your own molds. This leads to savings of close to 70% on the price of mouth guards from your dentist, however, and Night Guard Lab’s excellent customer service means you won’t ever be left stranded.
Here at Grinding-Teeth.net, we do not offer products for sale. This is a review site only. However, we definitely look out for the best deals around, and the lowest prices for this product are available on the NightGuardLab website (Click here for their price list)